Whilst demonstrating compliance with the CDM2015 Regulations a construction site inspection or audit gives you an ongoing opportunity to review your construction site safety from an independent viewpoint. Our construction safety experts who have years of practical experience will attend your sites to give you a full independent overview of your safety. Our advisors are trained to not police the site but to offer practical solutions to any non conformances they see and also offer best practice solutions
As well as workplace inspections full audits in line with BSI 18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 can be done and assistance when Audits are done by external certification bodies so we can be there during the whole process to help you. Our help has aided businesses with full ISO audits and Achilles acreditations.
As well as identifying non conformances our inspectors will also identify any good practice that is being employed on site and any good practice from other workplaces will be shared with you.
Whilst on site we will
- Walk the site with your on site representative and undertake a full site tour checking working practices
- A review of some paper work for yourself and any subcontractors and offer advice around if suitable and sufficient
- Fill in a written report and send to your company and any other identified stakeholders
What will an inspection cover?
Our advisors will attend site and introduce themselves to your site representative and the principal contractor if required. We will check through your paper work and then do a physical inspection of all your work areas. We will give you a written report and recommendations.
Do OPEX advisors have construction experience
Yes. All our advisors have either worked in the industry previously or been H&S professionals with construction experience. All our advisors understand construction and the the sequence of how work takes place. With this we can also offer advice and look at risks that will be coming up so we offer a pro active approach to safety.
Yes we do audits in line with BSI 18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001. We can do through audits of your full systems. We also offer assistance during your external audits and with certifying bodies.
What is the purpose of inspections?
As an essential part of a health and safety program, workplaces should be inspected. Inspections are important as they allow you to:
- listen to the concerns of workers and supervisors
- gain further understanding of jobs and tasks
- identify existing and potential hazards
- determine underlying causes of hazards
- monitor hazard controls (personal protective equipment, engineering controls, policies, procedures)
- recommend corrective action